ACCESS STATEMENT FOR ALNDYKE FARMHOUSE
We aim to cater for the needs of all visitors in our home based, 5-bedroom bed and breakfast. The following statement is a summary of our provision. If you have any specific questions please feel to call us and we will endeavour to help.
· The main train station Alnmouth is only 5 minutes by Bus or Taxis.
· Main A1 is only 1.5 miles from Alndyke, Alndyke is situated on A1068.
· We have a website with photographs of each guestroom, all on first floor.
· You can contact us via phone or email (details below)
· A deposit of £50 is asked for and I would write a confirmation letter with directions. If in within 3 three days an e-mail would be sufficient to confirm.
ARRIVAL AND CAR PARKING FACILITIES
· There is ample free car parking on the front gravel drive with no kerbs or steps.
· Assistance with luggage is always offered to all guests.
· Your arrival is available from 4.30pm to reach the front door is the gravel drive with one step onto flagstone then one into porch and then on flat. On night times two lights are on each side of front door is 3ft (91.5cms) wide. Inner door 3ft.4ins (101cms) wide.
MAIN ENTRANCE AND RECEPTION
· Entrance is into long hallway with guest Dining room on left-hand side and Sitting room on right hand side. Reception table with reservation cards to be filled in on arrival.
· Guests escorted to rooms and facilities explained on the way to bedroom.
· Hallways are 6ft.11ins (210cms) wide and walls painted and Georgian doors 3ft (91.5cms) wide, which flows to large stairway is 3ft 7ins (108.5cms) wide with 8 steps First landing with large arched window overlooking farm with 3 steps to an other landing and then 7 steps to top landing.
PUBLIC AREAS – GENERAL (INTERNAL)
* Porch is floor tiled and Guest dining and sitting room have fitted green carpet with fitted carpets to the stairs, corridors and guest bedrooms. Bathrooms walls tiled and floor all bathrooms with karndean flooring. Dining and sitting room are wallpaper covering and hallway is painted wood chip and 5 bedrooms are wallpapered. All guests public areas and bedrooms have oil central heating with wood burner in lounge and coal fire in dining room.
· Breakfast is served in dining room at 8.30am on the ground floor.
· One large table sits six people, then two tables for 2s (leg on each corner) large table has two carvers and the others are just chairs.
· All 5 bedrooms are on the first floor, with secure lockable door and fire instructions on back of doors. Bedroom 2 door is 2ft 4ins (71cms) wide, 1,3,4,5 bedroom doors are 2ft 11ins (89cms) wide.
· Televisions all have remote controls are with subtitle and freeview.
· Tea/coffee facilities are available with fresh milk and all types of herbal teas, de-café coffee and original.
· Information is provided with assistance information for through the night.
BATHROOM AND EN-SUITE
· Bathroom for Room 3 single room door width 2ft 4ins (71cms) inward opening with karndean flooring and bath edge is 21.5ins 53.5cms high
· Room 1 en-suite doorway 26inc(66cms)width outward opening with karndean flooring and bath with overhead shower edge is 21 ins (53.5cms) high.
· Room 2 en-suite doorway 23ins (58.5cms)width outward opening with karndean floor and shower cubicle with step in 800mm by 1000mm.
· Room 4 en-suite doorway 29ins (73.5cms) width outward opening with karndean flooring and shower cubicle with step in 10ins (25.5cms) high.
· Room5 en-suite doorway 25ins (63.5cms)width outward opening with karndean flooring and bath edge is 22 ins (56cms)high.
· All bathroom/en-suite have electric heated hot rails and shaver points.
· Good colour contrast floors, tiles and paint and mahogany baths panels
· All sinks have clear underspace and are 32ins(81.5cms) high.
· Rooms 3 are very good I feel is good for carer.
· Fridge and freezer facilities are available please ask Laura.
· The bed and breakfast is no smoking throughout.
· Vegan, vegetarian, gulten free and all other diets catered for but please inform before arrival.
· Wifi is available free of charge throughout house.
Telephone 01665 510252